This term our class theme is called Arabian Nights. This theme will result in a grand production of Aladdin.
The children are incredibly excited to putting on the production and are working hard in Literacy, Maths, Reading and theme to put on the best show possible.
Highlights of our theme in the build up to our production include:
- Watching Aladdin 2019 and dressing up day
- Character Descriptions
- Learning about the history of the Aladdin story location
- Understanding the Muslim faiths and how this influences the people of Agrabah
- Trying Henna, Rangoli and writing their name in Arabic
- Creating an Aladdin style Banquet
- Thinking about costume design
- Practising the songs of Aladdin
- Auditioning for parts in the production
- Enhancing their acting and dancing skills
- Special effects
…. and do much more. We are also lucky to have involvement from a production manager at Gloucestershire College and support from the Everyman Theatre.
Coney Grylls! Autumn term 2019.
This term in Year 4 our theme is called Survival School and we are being sent challenges from Coney Grylls who works for Bear Grylls. The missions cover a wide variety of curriculum aims in order to help the children gain the skills they need in order to survive one night away from their parents at the Wilderness before Christmas.
So far we have covered topics on: team building, nature art, fitness and health and map work with orienteering.
The children are working hard to produce many useful texts in Literacy including: A team booklet, a forest NCR, a survival guide, instructions on how to make a healthy meal, story writing and much more.